Sports Coordinator/Program Instructor: Full-time
The West Suburban YMCA is searching for an energectic and reliable individual with instruction and coaching experience to join our Team as the full-time Sports Coordinator/Program Instructor. Apply today!
FREE Membership! GREAT benefits!
- Develops, organizes and implements high quality youth sports programs.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning, development, implementation, expansion and evaluation of all youth and adult sport programs and coordinating birthday parties.
- Ability to efficiently schedule and coordinate multiple leagues including Youth and Men’s Basketball League.
- Deals with direct service, responsible for teaching sports classes and coaching teams and developing these programs and services in order to fulfill the YMCA’s mission.
- Works with the day camp, Camp Pikati, as a Unit Leader in the summer.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expands youth sports program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices; monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment as budget permits.
- Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations. Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings, and training and meetings for coaches.
- Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules; trains and schedules sports officials; develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and handbooks. Coordinating all aspects of sports youth & adult leagues and birthday parties.
- Assists in purchasing and distributing team uniforms and awards; coordinates and distributes
- Organizes and conducts sports clinics, teaches instructional classes, coaching teams, officiating games, lead rental groups, and all admin associated with birthday parties.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of youth sports program information, may organize and schedule program registrations.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely and professional manner with high levels of customer service.
- Coordination of birthday parties.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
- Fills in when needed as van driver, using YMCA van to drive children from Newton schools to YMCA.
- Over-seeing summer clinics and camps, including being a Unit Leader for Camp Pikati.
Men’s’ League Responsibilities:
- Communicate with team captains and league members through email.
- Expand the number of league participants through networking and relationship building.
- Supervise all Monday, Wednesday and Thursday night league games, as well as sports staff on duty.
- Ensure that all players are registered and have made payment before playing in the league.
- Coordination of stats and scheduling of League Games.
- Ensure that the West Suburban YMCA Adult Basketball League Rules are followed by all participants. Enforce penalties if rules are not followed.
- Report any unusual happenings, complaints, and accidents to Assistant Athletic Director of Sports & Recreation. Completes, and submits to Assistant Athletic Director of Sports & Recreation, accurate incident reports regardless of nature and severity.
- Coordinate with Referees for all games.
- Creative planning for expansion of possible leagues outside of the Y (inter YMCA league/All-Star Game).
- Provide men’s league rosters to the front desk
- Maintain equipment to be used for future leagues and classes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one year related experience preferred, including experience in successfully running leagues.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Good role model, high integrity and professionalism, and adaptable.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Holds or is willing to apply for 7D License to help with transportation of children to our programs.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- Climbing, crouching, standing, sitting on floor, kneeling, swimming, carrying (50 lbs), pushing, lifting (50 lbs) and walking.
Job Type: Full Time