Creative Arts Director: Full-time
The West Suburban YMCA is looking for an inspiring and creative individual to join our team as a full-time Creative Arts Director! This individual will have experience in creating and implementing a variety of arts programs ranging from music, photography, video production, drawing/painting and dance. Come work for a fun organization that makes a positive impact on people’s lives on a daily basis!
Responsible for designing, operating, and implementing a creative, inspiring, and high-quality creative arts program for all ages. The director will run creative art programs that include music, photography, video production, art, dance, and writing. This position holds the responsibility to carry out the mission and core values of the West Suburban YMCA.
- Develops, implements, and ensures high quality programs for all ages and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Develops and controls department budgets. Responsible for weekly and monthly financial reports to assure that revenue targets are met and expenses are controlled. Ensures department operates within budget and that program fees are collected in a timely manner.
- Responsible for professional, respectful and effective daily communication with parents, students, supervisor and staff.
- Meet with other YMCA staff and employees to collaborate as needed.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff and volunteers within department. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Teach up to 10 hours of private lessons and classes per week.
- Organize and complete special events; including, but not limited to, open mic nights, concerts, community performances, workshops, collaborative projects, outreach, etc.
- Maintain accurate records of all YCCA equipment, supplies, instruments, acoustic treatments, software, and computers.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Provides staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign and committees as assigned.
- Maintains proper staffing and program participant records/department files/program binder.
- Help to promote the goals, objectives, and core values of the YMCA. Implements and oversees a program evaluation system to guarantee faithfulness to the Y’s cause, and a high quality commitment to YMCA standards.
- Currently holds or is willing to achieve Team Leader Certification from YMCA of the USA
- Willing to accept other projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent preferred.
- Three years of experience in arts program implementation, management, and development.
- Experience in writing art curriculum for group instruction and classroom-based instruction.
- Knowledge of art and dance techniques, artists and genres.
- Knowledge of multiple instruments, styles, artists, and genres.
- Knowledge of industry-relevant audio software, audio production topics, and recording techniques.
- Certification in CPR, First Aid and all required YMCA trainings.
- Excellent human relations skills with public and Y staff.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to make sound judgments, and experienced risk manager.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Meet strength and lifting requirements for equipment for concerts and other performances.
Job Type: Full Time