Aquatics Coordinator/Head Swim Coach: Full-time
The West Suburban YMCA is seeking an energetic and passionate individual to join our Team as the Aquatics Coordinator/Associate Head Swim Coach. Come work for a fun, community orgnaization whose mission is to help improve people's lives on a daily basis!
Assists the Aquatics Director oversee the development and operations of aquatics, and/or other programs. Recruits, trains and supports assigned staff. Assumes the position of Associate Head Coach for Blue Waves Swim Team. Aids in the development and helps implement high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatics programs.
- Act as a leader in program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, training, developing, scheduling and directing personnel and volunteers as needed. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Lifeguard and teach swim lessons when needed.
- Assume the position of Associate Head Coach for Blue Waves Swim Team.
- Manage rosters, mid-session reports, certificates of completions and registrations. (Including registrations for Blue Waves.)
- Manages daily emails/voicemails to the Aquatics Department.
- Assists with lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings and in-services.
- Assists in coverage and finding coverage for the pool schedules.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events, including volunteer opportunities.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Create and execute one new program idea per session/quarter.
- May include a summer off-site at a WSY summer camp.
- Position will include weekends and evenings.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Six months to one year related experience preferred; for example, as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor.
- One year minimum swim team coaching experience.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, First Aid, Emergency Oxygen, Lifeguard Training, YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent. And any related USA swimming certifications.
- Preferred Certifications: Lifeguard Instructor
- Completion or working toward completion of Team Leader Certification
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke technique.
- Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
Job Type: Full Time