Youth Group Leader, After School Program: Part-time
The West Suburban YMCA is looking for energetic and reliable people to join our team as a part of our Out-of-School program.
Tuesdays: 12:30 pm-6:00 pm
Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: 2:00 pm-6:00 pm
$12-$13.50 an hour
- Supervises a group of children.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Adheres to YMCA and state (EEC) standards including safety and cleanliness.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows YMCA and EEC policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Previous experience working with children and leading large groups.
- Child Abuse Prevention training.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications within 30 days of hire date.
- EEC trainings/registration within 30 days of hire date.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.