Teacher Assistant, Preschool: Part-time
The West Suburban YMCA is looking for a dynamic and energetic individual to join our Team as a part-time Teacher Assistant in our Preschool Program.
Year around program! Looking to consistently fill 15-20 hours a week. Currently needing the following coverage:
Tuesdays and Thursdays: mornings and afternoons
Competitive pay depending on experience and qualifications.
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
- Assists Lead Teacher with ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child OR Leads the observations as the Lead Teacher.
- Cultivates positive relationships, conducts parent conferences, and maintains effective communication with parents. Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications within 30 days of hire date.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Job Type: Part Time